· Site Help
· Web Links
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Deep Space NYC: Message Board

Deep Space NYC :: View topic - mary anne hobbs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mary anne hobbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deep Space NYC Forum Index -> General Music Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naker
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: mary anne hobbs Reply with quote

mary anne hobbs has resigned from her bbc radio program
FK
Master Of The Universe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just read this myself.

Mary Anne Hobbs, revered presenter of Radio 1's Breezeblock and Experimental shows and outspoken Dubstep ambassador, has announced that she will be leaving the BBC.

In a statement published on her Myspace page, she said the following:

Quote:
'Yesterday I resigned from BBC Radio1, after an amazing multi-dimensional 14 year career.

'The great freedoms the BBC have given in me as a broadcaster, have allowed me to help break so many confrontational artists as diverse as Slipknot and Skream, and of course, the whole genre of Dubstep in recent times.

'My current Experimental show is in peak condition, itís never been stronger. And although itís a very emotional decision to leave the show that I love so much, itís also an optimum moment to bow out, at the very top of my game.

'My work for Radio1 on the Breezeblock, Rock Show, many fascinating documentaries about everything from David Bowie to Dubstep, on daytime, at festivals and award ceremonies, has been exceptionally rewarding. These have been glory days not just for me, but for all the artists who have shared my BBC platform, and of course, the listeners everywhere from Beijing to Berlin, Baltimore to Blackpool, who shared a great passion for future sound.

'I will continue to DJ live, work in film, and curate at Sonar festival in Barcelona.

'I have also accepted a new job mentoring and teaching students at Sheffield Universityís radio station, TV station and the newspaper that operate out of their superb Forge Media Hub, which presents me with a really exciting new challenge.

'My last show on BBC Radio1 will be broadcast: 9 September 2-4am

'Thank you so much for listening..'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deep Space NYC Forum Index -> General Music Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: