· Site Help
· Web Links
· Your Account

Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Deep Space NYC: Message Board

Deep Space NYC :: View topic - Why taking up an instrument has struck a chord for so many
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why taking up an instrument has struck a chord for so many

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geemong
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Why taking up an instrument has struck a chord for so many Reply with quote

Why taking up an instrument has struck a chord for so many

Growing up in foster homes, Jaz Ampaw-Farr says learning a musical instrument seemed out of reach for someone from her background.

Play slots games through SLOT TRUE WALLET, ฝาก1 บาท รับ 99 2021ล่าสุด an online wallet app. that is modern, convenient, fast, appealing to teenagers, changing the way of spending Make it easy, just have a True Money Wallet app. Your life will be easier. have everything

"I grew up in real poverty, working class, and mixed race; music lessons were never a thing," she says. "Every person I saw playing an instrument was white and mostly male."

However, when the coronavirus lockdown happened, Ms Ampaw-Farr wanted to change that tune.

"I thought, it's happening, it's time to reframe that story and seize the opportunity," says the 50-year-old. "I had no events or work to do. In that moment I saw an unique opportunity to focus on me."

So Ms Ampaw-Farr, a motivational speaker and boss of UK support coach firm, Human First, downloaded a piano-learning app, and bought a keyboard.

She then started to try to pick up songs from artists such as John Lennon, Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi.

"I started playing songs I knew, and other people would say that sounds nice. It made me feel good."

She says she would typically practice for at least 10 minutes a day. "Sometimes it was longer, sometimes I'd miss a day. But it's amazing how quickly you can progress."

As the pandemic gave many of us a lot more spare time at home, Ms Ampaw-Farr is far from alone in taking-up a hobby since March 2020, a number of studies have shown.

One report by research firm Mintel found that 71% of UK adults were spending more time on a hobby, while one in five had taken up a new one, and 27% had rediscovered a former passion.
lillawilkinson97

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Why taking up an instrument has struck a chord for so ma Reply with quote

Letís keep the fact that you need a custom paper writing service between us and tell no one - Bulletin board. Let professors think youíre the writer of all the essays and papers on your own. Itís safer that way and helps avoid any uncomfortable questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deep Space NYC Forum Index -> Dub and Beyond All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: